Monday, September 26, 2005

The Escape Key

Any self respecting IT manager knows that it is a basic responsibility to provide your less-than-a-year-old son an old keyboard to play with and drag around the living room by the ps-2 cable.

Lest you think I stopped there, let me assure you that I did not. No, I dutifully pointed out the location of the Escape key, the Enter key, and the Space Bar to my young son, probably four or five times over the course of a week.

Imagine our surprise last night when Noah is playing with his keyboard and I ask him, "Noah, where is the Escape key?" and he reaches over and presses it. Sensing we're on a roll, I ask Noah where the Space Bar is, and as if he's performing an encore, he presses that key as well.

So, while Melissa is sitting there on the couch with a look of amazement on her face, I'm thinking to myself, "That's my boy!"

1 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this story. I am not suprised at all to find out that my nephew is smart and already well on his way to becoming a techy. I can't wait to show him how much I know about modern video games like asteroids.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home